Michael Partigton’s guitar stayed here for a couple of days. I had to draw it, and take pictures of it. Don’t be jealous Michael. She was the perfect lady. She has no name, and the original maker is unknown. Probably from the mid to late 1800’s, but there are not for sure clues. The guitar was probably re-topped in 1998.
Here’s a picture gallery. Maestro Partington will feature this guitar on his soon to be published CD: A Romantic Potpourri.
- Rick Beauregard visits April 25, 2017
- Villa-Lobos Choros # 1 March 14, 2017
- What is a Guitarrero? That’s what this blog is about. And here’s a nice video… February 22, 2017
- New maple Romanillos style. February 21, 2017
- The Wee Litl’un February 10, 2017
Topics/tags8 string alain reiher amboyna back back and sides bridge BRW carve cedar cf 100 choosing wood fingerboard frets ganzanillos glue Good Things Come in Threes guitar hanh nguyen Head holes LarryC Macassar maple mp3 nacio Neck pinhole quilt Raimundo repair Repair and restore romanillos rosette rosettes rosewood sides solera spruce tie-block top triplets tuning machines V-Joint video workshop