Having someone else in the shop for a month made me realize that I wasn’t making the most of my space. Places to store tools (d)evolved from their original locations, and with another builder at one of my benches, I realized that some improvements were needed. I wanted to have tools within easy reach at one bench most of the time, and I wanted a higher surface to work on for a lot of operations. I added a new surface 4 inches above the old one. Between the old and new surfaces, there is space for tool storage. I installed a hefty bench vise.
I still have lots of organizing to do…we do what we can.